Idea for new type of soccer/football

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for new type of soccer/football

Americans don't really care for soccer (i know the rest of the world calls it football) as much as the rest of the world so I came up with an idea for a new type of soccer. Basically you keep the game the same except you reduce the field of play by half and give both teams shoulder pads and helmets just like in American style football. I think allowing the players to hit each other will dramatically increase American interest in soccer by giving us the violence we enjoy watching. Any thoughts?

Arena soccer has been played in the United States for years, but it's significantly less popular even there than real association football. For big hits people can watch ice hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by verg View Post
      I think allowing the players to hit each other will dramatically increase American interest in soccer by giving us the violence we enjoy watching. Any thoughts?
      How about taking a piss out of ISIS and kicking around the heads of beheaded terrorists?

Ok I'm probably gonna be flagged because I just said one of the most gruesome things ever oops

Comment

I've always thought the cause of soccer riots is the low scoring in the game ... how about making the goal larger to allow lots of scoring so the crowd can vent their frustrations rather than giving them a nill all draw to take into the streets.

Comment

Or just make soccer a street riot in itself like in calcio fiorentino in Italy:

Comment

I am compiling all your suggestions into a proposal report that I will submit to FIFA & CONCACAF

Comment

I think that it’s not worth changing anything in this beautiful game, I think it’s worth watching and enjoying socer. Take for example Cristiano Ronaldo, look at his game! He is great and gives a lot of emotions for both children and adults! Link removed by moderator. - site about him, you can read about him and his life, maybe you will become more interesting
              Last edited by RRicho; 03-19-2019, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancel00 View Post
                I think that it’s not worth changing anything in this beautiful game, I think it’s worth watching and enjoying socer. Take for example Cristiano Ronaldo, look at his game! He is great and gives a lot of emotions for both children and adults! VIRUS - site about him, you can read about him and his life, maybe you will become more interesting
                Your necroposting click bait spam link contains a virus

Comment

Working...
                X