No announcement yet.

If u get blocked by a user u should be able to send one last message to them

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If u get blocked by a user u should be able to send one last message to them

I was once having a conversation with a user and everything was fine until I couldn't send them a message. It says that "the user's privacy settings do not allow you to contact them". I don't know the reason why I can't contact the user but I feel that as users we should be able to send one last message to the user we were contacting or at least get a notification from interpals why we were blocked OR we should be able to contact Interpals and find out why we can't contact the user.

If anyone else had this problem they would feel the same?

This should be a new feature on Interpals!

I disagree. If someone blocks you, then they obviously do not want to have anything to do with you and you shouldn't be able to contact them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
      I disagree. If someone blocks you, then they obviously do not want to have anything to do with you and you shouldn't be able to contact them.
      Taking a balanced view, the knee-jerk reaction is to ignore the act of 'blocking.' You walk away. You might think an 'appeal' button is the answer, but why bother? The blocked person must accept there are plenty of nicer people to meet. Opposing view from Fenris seems OK. Ergo: do nothing.

Comment

People block for many reasons. I think it is important that people have the right to decide who they want to talk to and who they don't want to waste time on. There are thousands of people on Interpals, so if one blocks you, just jump to the next : ) No point in trying to speak with someone who doesn't want to give you any time or attention. I think that's the best solution for both.

Comment

If I block people I don't wamt to see anything from them anymore so I wouldn't like another message from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephaniets View Post
            If I block people I don't wamt to see anything from them anymore so I wouldn't like another message from them.
            Majority against the OP. Question is whether anyone disagrees with this general direction of travel?

Comment

Originally posted by saras2710 View Post
              I was once having a conversation with a user and everything was fine until I couldn't send them a message. It says that "the user's privacy settings do not allow you to contact them". I don't know the reason why I can't contact the user but I feel that as users we should be able to send one last message to the user we were contacting or at least get a notification from interpals why we were blocked OR we should be able to contact Interpals and find out why we can't contact the user.

I understand your frustration. I was blocked myself in this style once.
              In my opinion good behavior would be to announce that you will block somebody and give the possibility to a last message. And I did exactly this once myself. But I can understand that not everybody would want to give this chance under all circumstances. (my blocklist is pretty short with two people only though - so I don't have much blocking experience.)
              Therefore, no I also don't support a technical solution.
              Last edited by Suna123; 02-14-2018, 06:09 PM.
              In dir muß brennen, was du in anderen entzünden willst. What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. [Aurelius]

Comment

User's privacy settings could also mean they just blocked a country, age group or gender in general, not targeted at you personally. Maybe you just had your birthday and fall outside of their age restrictions now :P

Comment

Oh well, that person block you. You move on. End of the story. Nothing to fuss about

Comment

Originally posted by Nano-Man View Post
                    Oh well, that person block you. You move on. End of the story. Nothing to fuss about
                    For clarity of spoken English you could have said: "End of story" Street slang "End of" and "No need to cause a fuss"

Comment

Originally posted by look4swissmiss View Post

For clarity of spoken English you could have said: "End of story" Street slang "End of" and "No need to cause a fuss"
                      Yeah, noted. Thank you

Comment

I do understand your feelings, because I was before blocked out of nowhere and it does not feel good, but I do not think it's a good idea to let blocked people contact people who blocked them. That would make blocking people useless and would probably lead to many offensive messages.

Comment

Originally posted by carnation345 View Post
                          I do understand your feelings, because I was before blocked out of nowhere and it does not feel good, <<<<edited>>>.
                          Yes that happened to me a few weeks ago by a French woman, once she realised there was competition))

Comment

Originally posted by saras2710 View Post
                            I feel that as users we should be able to send one last message to the user we were contacting or at least get a notification from interpals why we were blocked OR we should be able to contact Interpals and find out why we can't contact the user.

I agree, it would be a great feature. I also think that if users were obliged to explain the reason of blocking, it would decrease number of groundless blockings.

Comment

Why should they be obliged to explain the reason of blocking? It's already made clear: The people who block doesn't want to speak with them. They don't really need a reason. This is a site where you choose who you want to talk to, and choose who you want not to talk to. If people are so easily hurt by that, it's their problem honestly. There are many others to pick from : )

Comment

Working...
                              X