Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If u get blocked by a user u should be able to send one last message to them

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Fenris View Post
    Why should they be obliged to explain the reason of blocking?
    1. There are people who overuse the blocking feature.
    2. Blocked users should know what they're doing wrong. I mean those who are suddenly blocked without a reason.
    Originally posted by Fenris View Post
    The people who block doesn't want to speak with them. They don't really need a reason. This is a site where you choose who you want to talk to, and choose who you want not to talk to.
    If you don't want to talk with someone, you just don't talk with them. There is no need to block.

    Originally posted by Fenris View Post
    If people are so easily hurt by that, it's their problem
    People do have feelings. They're not machines that you can offend, hurt, humiliate and then say that it's their problem.

    Comment


    • #17
      If you don't want to talk with someone and they keep talking to you, blocking is the best solution really.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by look4swissmiss View Post
        Yes that happened to me a few weeks ago by a French woman, once she realised there was competition))
        From the likes of you??? Bwahahahahahaha.... Rather, I think she hit the block button after she threw up in her mouth, lol.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Krakers View Post
          1. There are people who overuse the blocking feature.
          So what? Why would you want to talk them?

          2. Blocked users should know what they're doing wrong. I mean those who are suddenly blocked without a reason.
          Stop being a snowflake!

          If you don't want to talk with someone, you just don't talk with them. There is no need to block.
          No one deserves to be harassed.

          People do have feelings. They're not machines that you can offend, hurt, humiliate and then say that it's their problem.
          Yeah and people who get harassed with spam messages have feelings too. If you can't handle getting blocked then find another website -- a website for grown up children and adult babies might be a better choice for you.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Stephaniets View Post
            If you don't want to talk with someone and they keep talking to you, blocking is the best solution really.
            In this case you're 100% right. Blocking people who keep spaming makes sense.

            Comment


            • #21
              There is a reason to block, and the reason is very clear, they do not want to speak. It's their choice and their right to choose whether to block you or not. And they honestly don't owe anyone an explanation, because blocking in the first place is their right. Most people who block are already tired of something, either harassment or just meaningless small talk for example, they have the right to do what they can to avoid it, blocking included. There are also some who blocks countries, because they have bad experiences with many people from that country, if it happens to you, and you're such a wonderful person. Too bad, maybe you just weren't meant to talk to each other : ) move on, lots of members on here. No, people are not machines that you can hurt, offend or humiliate. But like I said, if you are that easily being hurt, it's still your problem. Because no matter what your feelings say, they have the right to block you because they obviously couldn't care less with you and they do not want to waste time talking with you. So why should you waste time talking to someone who doesn't want to spend a single word on you? It's not overusing, and it's not overreacting, they simply do not want to, nor do they have to. And if that makes you feel offended and humiliated then it is you being a crybaby, instead of moving on to someone better to spend your time on. No offense, but that's how it is. I apologize in advance if my post offended, hurt or humiliated you. But it had to be done

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                There is a reason to block, and the reason is very clear, they do not want to speak.
                So why are they here?

                Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                they honestly don't owe anyone an explanation, because blocking in the first place is their right. Most people who block are already tired of something, either harassment or just meaningless small talk for example, they have the right to do what they can to avoid it, blocking included.
                Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                There are also some who blocks countries, because they have bad experiences with many people from that country,
                Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                if it happens to you, and you're such a wonderful person. Too bad, maybe you just weren't meant to talk to each other : ) move on, lots of members on here.
                [QUOTE=Fenris;n3042273]
                Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                But like I said, if you are that easily being hurt, it's still your problem. Because no matter what your feelings say, they have the right to block you because they obviously couldn't care less with you and they do not want to waste time talking with you.
                Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                So why should you waste time talking to someone who doesn't want to spend a single word on you? It's not overusing, and it's not overreacting, they simply do not want to, nor do they have to. And if that makes you feel offended and humiliated then it is you being a crybaby, instead of moving on to someone better to spend your time on.
                Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                I apologize in advance if my post offended, hurt or humiliated you.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Many people are here to learn a specific language, or about a specific country or culture. Many are also here to find people from this country, and doesn't want to care for other people. Maybe according to them, you didn't have anything interesting to offer them. Harsh, but could be a possible reason. Should, maybe, maybe not. But they don't have that right. I don't like the idea of blocking countries either, but it's a choice you have on this site : ) I respect that some do, because I like freedom of choice. But personally, I don't like it. I do agree with you, it is ridiculous that they block without any form for contact. Annoying even, but some people are like that : ) It's better to ignore it and find someone who actually wants to speak.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Many times the person that was blocked does not take it well, makes another account and then slams the one that blocked them. Having a one more message option after being blocked just opens the door for getting told off. I don't see too many constructively asking what is going on and try and reason it out.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Here's how it works : I'm sending messages to many people. They choose whether or not they're answering me. Many people don't answer, some do. It depends. If they answer you and then they stop, don't send them 10 messages. They don't need to justify why they're not talking to you anymore. If they chose to block you, that's probably because you insisted and they didn't like your attitude. They don't need to justify why they blocked you anyway even if that's not a good reason. It might be a good reason for them because they did it. There are currently 2100 people online. If you're not acting like a jerk, you'll find someone who might even accept to Skype with you. That's how I see it!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        What if her settings were (for example) she only talks to users between 20 to 25... and then you turned 26 so you can't no longer send a message to that user.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          One more message after a block = one more spam that can be sent

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I think when you block someone there should be some kind of message that says 'why do you want to block this user?' and you can cross a box (don't know if this is already in use). The person being blocked should get a notification with that reason but shouldn't be able to message the other person anymore

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Larissadl View Post
                              I think when you block someone there should be some kind of message that says 'why do you want to block this user?' and you can cross a box (don't know if this is already in use). The person being blocked should get a notification with that reason but shouldn't be able to message the other person anymore
                              Why is a reason needed? If you're blocked you're blocked... get over it and move on.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                That's a great idea, actually. If I would get blocked I'd like to send them Yiddish curses as my last word.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X