• Show
Clear All

• gorgasali
    replied
    it make situation more bad.

Leave a comment:

• SerialEater
    replied
    Why would you want someone to tell you why you're being blocked? If you're too stupid to work out why you've just been blocked of your own accord, I don't think being told why is gonna help you. You're probably just going to think it's an inaccurate assessment or that you've been misconstrued, so being told why isn't going to help you at all

Leave a comment:

• Etsia
    replied
    No need for last messages. If you block someone you do not want to be contacted by, it is up to you and if some bugs appear and someone you wish to communicate with cannot send messages, things can be fixed. I would not wish to hear why someone decided to block me either because it is well seen that communication won't work or that it'll work. See no point in suggested options.

Leave a comment:

• Sancta_Lux
    replied
    In order to say "fuck you!"?

Leave a comment:

• ChiQ
    replied
    If they wanted you to know why they blocked you, they'd tell you.

Leave a comment:

• RRicho
    replied
    Not going to happen .... our profile mods have enough to do without sending last message abuse warnings.

Leave a comment:

• Krakers
    replied
    Originally posted by Larissadl View Post
    I think when you block someone there should be some kind of message that says 'why do you want to block this user?' and you can cross a box (don't know if this is already in use). The person being blocked should get a notification with that reason
    It's great idea and I totally agree with you, however I'm afraid that many users would choose the first option avaible.

Leave a comment:

• VandalValo
    replied
    That's a great idea, actually. If I would get blocked I'd like to send them Yiddish curses as my last word.

Leave a comment:

• CricketUSA
    replied
    Originally posted by Larissadl View Post
    I think when you block someone there should be some kind of message that says 'why do you want to block this user?' and you can cross a box (don't know if this is already in use). The person being blocked should get a notification with that reason but shouldn't be able to message the other person anymore
    Why is a reason needed? If you're blocked you're blocked... get over it and move on.

Leave a comment:

• Larissadl
    replied
    I think when you block someone there should be some kind of message that says 'why do you want to block this user?' and you can cross a box (don't know if this is already in use). The person being blocked should get a notification with that reason but shouldn't be able to message the other person anymore

Leave a comment:

• aussieinbg
    replied
    One more message after a block = one more spam that can be sent

Leave a comment:

• H2Marco
    replied
    What if her settings were (for example) she only talks to users between 20 to 25... and then you turned 26 so you can't no longer send a message to that user.

Leave a comment:

• Yan20
    replied
    Here's how it works : I'm sending messages to many people. They choose whether or not they're answering me. Many people don't answer, some do. It depends. If they answer you and then they stop, don't send them 10 messages. They don't need to justify why they're not talking to you anymore. If they chose to block you, that's probably because you insisted and they didn't like your attitude. They don't need to justify why they blocked you anyway even if that's not a good reason. It might be a good reason for them because they did it. There are currently 2100 people online. If you're not acting like a jerk, you'll find someone who might even accept to Skype with you. That's how I see it!

Leave a comment:

• Just-a-chick
    replied
    Many times the person that was blocked does not take it well, makes another account and then slams the one that blocked them. Having a one more message option after being blocked just opens the door for getting told off. I don't see too many constructively asking what is going on and try and reason it out.

Leave a comment:

• Fenris
    replied
    Many people are here to learn a specific language, or about a specific country or culture. Many are also here to find people from this country, and doesn't want to care for other people. Maybe according to them, you didn't have anything interesting to offer them. Harsh, but could be a possible reason. Should, maybe, maybe not. But they don't have that right. I don't like the idea of blocking countries either, but it's a choice you have on this site : ) I respect that some do, because I like freedom of choice. But personally, I don't like it. I do agree with you, it is ridiculous that they block without any form for contact. Annoying even, but some people are like that : ) It's better to ignore it and find someone who actually wants to speak.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X