If u get blocked by a user u should be able to send one last message to them

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larissadl View Post
    I think when you block someone there should be some kind of message that says 'why do you want to block this user?' and you can cross a box (don't know if this is already in use). The person being blocked should get a notification with that reason
    It's great idea and I totally agree with you, however I'm afraid that many users would choose the first option avaible.

Comment

Not going to happen .... our profile mods have enough to do without sending last message abuse warnings.

Comment

If they wanted you to know why they blocked you, they'd tell you.

Comment

In order to say "fuck you!"?

Comment

No need for last messages. If you block someone you do not want to be contacted by, it is up to you and if some bugs appear and someone you wish to communicate with cannot send messages, things can be fixed. I would not wish to hear why someone decided to block me either because it is well seen that communication won't work or that it'll work. See no point in suggested options.

Comment

Why would you want someone to tell you why you're being blocked? If you're too stupid to work out why you've just been blocked of your own accord, I don't think being told why is gonna help you. You're probably just going to think it's an inaccurate assessment or that you've been misconstrued, so being told why isn't going to help you at all

Comment

it make situation more bad.

Comment

I agree that once you got blocked, it is usually a sign that the respective person does not want to talk to you. And most often, this is qualifying the blocker, not the blocked one, as being a snob ( exception is represented by real harassments ). But there are blockings by mistake too. i guess the OP was referring on this latter situation.

Comment

That doesn't really matter though. Actually you don't need any reason to block anyone, the reason is good enough if you do not want to talk with them. This one last message idea will only make things worse, and probably lead to a lot of insults, especially of angry men who desperately wants to speak with this girl, and I think that it's not something this site needs now. Being blocked sucks, but it's not the end of the world. There's many other people to talk to, so people just have to accept it whether they like it or not

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
                      In order to say "fuck you!"?
                      lol, no, in order to say 'bordel de merde'

Comment

Diagree! The majority of those i block are scammers. I dont want any filthy Nigerian gangster finishing the chat by calling me a MoFo!

Comment

Maybe having a form to optionally provide reasons when blocking would be okay. I suppose if it was used properly, it might help users learn how to behave in ways that won't make people want to block them.

I'm being charitable here, of course; most people who are getting blocked often enough for feedback to be useful are the sorts of people who lack either the interest or the capacity to take feedback on-board. Additionally, such a system would no doubt be abused for catty behaviour, becoming just one more thing for moderators to watch. I don't know why you'd really want to hear from someone who wants to block you, anyway.

Comment

The purpose for blocking someone is because you want no more messages from that person.

If someone knew they were just blocked and could send one more message, in many cases it is going to be a nasty message like "hey, f*ck you for blocking me". Given the last word to someone who was blocked and likely not happy is just not a good idea. The best way to avoid hurt feelings is just make the person doing the blocking appear as if they no longer exist to the other person and do not show a message specifically telling them they are blocked.

Those getting blocked because of unwanted behavior probably already know why they are blocked. Optional providing a reason would not be a bad idea but more so moderators could look at behavior patterns. If someone is regularly blocked a certain reason then the system could send an alert to the moderator after a threshold is crossed.

Comment

Blocking is new concept. It is like killing the people. The one who block has the gun and the other have nothing. It is all or nothing. If you get blocked at the first contact. OK you miss your joke and you try to have inovative way of greetings. That is ok I will try next time differently. But if you get blocked after a nice conversation Yes that is hard. And that is harder if you don't understand why. But that is internet. That remind us that we are in VIRTUAL world. One day you talk and the next day it disappear like snow in the sun. Here it is not the real world. You have the quantity and not the quality. It you try to build something with quality keep in mind that it is build on sand and the sea tide can comes.

The idea to block people gradualy could be good. But I am sure the vast majority could be agains. If you block level 1. You can keep 3 days or 7 days without possibilities of talking and then you could have a way to send one message. The last one. It you be your chance. But the other could keep the blocking.

What is hard with blocking people is the brutality. There is no graduality with that concept.

Comment

Originally posted by kris-2017 View Post
                                Blocking is new concept. It is like killing the people. The one who block has the gun and the other have nothing. It is all or nothing. If you get blocked at the first contact. OK you miss your joke and you try to have inovative way of greetings. That is ok I will try next time differently. But if you get blocked after a nice conversation Yes that is hard. And that is harder if you don't understand why. But that is internet. That remind us that we are in VIRTUAL world. One day you talk and the next day it disappear like snow in the sun. Here it is not the real world. You have the quantity and not the quality. It you try to build something with quality keep in mind that it is build on sand and the sea tide can comes.

The idea to block people gradualy could be good. But I am sure the vast majority could be agains. If you block level 1. You can keep 3 days or 7 days without possibilities of talking and then you could have a way to send one message. The last one. It you be your chance. But the other could keep the blocking.

What is hard with blocking people is the brutality. There is no graduality with that concept.

It's hilarious that you compare blocking to a gun.

If people block you, they do so for a reason. And your opinion about their reason is worthless, they are free to decide who they want to talk with online and who they want to block and/or ignore.

Comment

Working...
                                X