Revise "Hobbies, Cars, Arts & Crafts" to "Arts & Crafts and Hobbies"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revise "Hobbies, Cars, Arts & Crafts" to "Arts & Crafts and Hobbies"

Why are Cars included with Hobbies and Arts & Crafts? Cars aren't exactly a hobby, art, or craft, and although driving could be considered a hobby, that should go under General (since cars aren't exactly a major topic), or under Science & Technology (as driving is a utilization of technology) - cars shouldn't be featured as part of a Forum name. Additionally, the Forum name isn't in alphabetical order, so I propose that if Cars is removed from the name, it should be renamed "Arts & Crafts and Hobbies," not "Hobbies and Arts & Crafts."

Many people see working on a car as a hobby. Who are you to decide what is a hobby and what's not? I doubt they will do anything with the forum unless it's really needed, in this case it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
      Many people see working on a car as a hobby. Who are you to decide what is a hobby and what's not? I doubt they will do anything with the forum unless it's really needed, in this case it isn't.
      Isn't working on a car essentially car mechanics? Car by itself is quite vague.

Comment

The son and I work on our race car in our spare time ... that's our hobby ... we also work on our truck that we use to transport our race car .... you could have fooled me that unpaid working on cars isn't a hobby.

.... and here's a little gem for you ......

At any given racetrack there is always 'that guy' who is a hobby racer that will never win a race, yet will work endless hours and spend money he doesn't have to race anyway. God bless that guy, because our sport would really suck without him.
        Last edited by RRicho; 11-14-2018, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RRicho View Post
          The son and I work on our race car in our spare time ... that's our hobby ... we also work on our truck that we use to transport our race car .... you could have fooled me that unpaid working on cars isn't a hobby...
          Then there are those fortunate souls rich enough to collect cars, like Jeremy Clarkson or Jay Leno.

(I'd much rather collect cars than plastic utensils...or postage stamps...)

Comment

Working...
          X