Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make the "last viewed your profile" feature optional.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make the "last viewed your profile" feature optional.

Honestly, I really hate that if I click on someone's profile, they're going to see that I viewed it. It makes me feel like a creep even though it's the same for everyone.

I think we should make it where you can turn this feature off, so that you can view profiles without others seeing that you viewed them.

BUT

Perhaps have a trade-off, where if you turn the feature off, you can no longer see who viewed yours either.

Kinda defeats the purpose of the penpal communication side of the site

Comment

Originally posted by DrSchadenfreude View Post
      Kinda defeats the purpose of the penpal communication side of the site
      How?? As long as you can still add people, look up profiles, and message and leave wall posts, how does seeing who last viewed your profile impede on this site's function at all??

Originally posted by Metoras
      Man, no offense, but this is a second post of you I see today in which you say you "feel like a creep" because someone becomes aware of your existene somehow. I think that's the feature you should work on finding the way to turn off in you, not in thinking of new ways to feed it.
      None taken. I'm rather socially awkward and at times I would come off as creepy when just trying to talk to someone- especially in real life. Of course I didn't mean to but it's just how it happened. So over time I just sort of stopped trying to interact with people. Maybe I'm overly sensitive about what others think about me.

Comment

I agree with DrSchadenfreude about this. I also think that if you can't stand people being able to see that you visited their profile it makes you sound more like a creep, than just by visiting someone's profile. But that's just what I think. Besides, if people are curious then maybe they'll visit you back, it can actually turn into a conversation if they find you interesting : ) I mean, looking at other people's profiles is harmless, and them knowing you looked is also harmless, so why make it optional? It will only allow stalkers to keep stalking for example. If you got nothing to hide and behave nicely in general then there's no problem that people saw that you visited their profile, most people won't mind.

Comment

How about a time stamp for each profile who has visited you?

The time that a person visits you can give you some idea about time compatibility and so on - for those visitors that you want. Also, it can tell you something if you are being stalked by someone...

Comment

What OP is talking about in fact should be called invisible mode or something. I suggest renaming the topic if it's possible because the title is confusing.

Now, while the feature by itself is fine, in the context of this network it may not be good. It creates inequality between users and can tempt the site owners to introduce a paid premium mode, with invisibility, blurring of photos, hiding of online status, unlimited messages and, finally, top position in the search list. Let's stick to the original idea of the service. It's not one of these dating sites. At least isn't supposed to be.

Comment

So I took the earlier advice in here and got over myself and just click random profiles! Lol. Thanks, I needed that kick in the balls.

Originally posted by aussieinbg View Post
              How about a time stamp for each profile who has visited you?

The time that a person visits you can give you some idea about time compatibility and so on - for those visitors that you want. Also, it can tell you something if you are being stalked by someone...
              Noooooo that's even worse!! I sometimes click the same profile twice because I have a bad memory and don't remember clicking it before.

Originally posted by IowaEye View Post
              What OP is talking about in fact should be called invisible mode or something. I suggest renaming the topic if it's possible because the title is confusing.

Now, while the feature by itself is fine, in the context of this network it may not be good. It creates inequality between users and can tempt the site owners to introduce a paid premium mode, with invisibility, blurring of photos, hiding of online status, unlimited messages and, finally, top position in the search list. Let's stick to the original idea of the service. It's not one of these dating sites. At least isn't supposed to be.
              Very true. Maybe we just leave it as is.

Comment

Working...
              X