Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Options For Deleting Messages

Hello there,

Interpals really needs the ability to delete more than one message at the same time. It's impossible for those of us who receive 50+ messages a month to delete them all, especially if we aren't logging in daily. For example, I didn't login for two months last year and when I returned, I had about 100 messages from random guys (most of who just said "hello" or made some rather forward comments). As I was deleting them, I received an additional 20+ messages from people who saw I was online. So I ended up with 120 unread messages. It takes about 1 minute to delete 5 messages on a good day (this includes viewing the message, deleting, and scrolling to the next message...and assuming there's no lag). This means about 50 messages could be deleted in 10 minutes, but if I'm actively being pummeled with new messages coming in while trying to delete, I'm pretty much getting nowehere.

I know there are lots of other users who have asked for this option, and have voiced that it would be a TREMENDOUS help. Because as it is, deleting hundreds of messages one at a time is not efficient time-wise and is a highly stressful process that feels like it never ends.

Thanks in advance.

It takes 2 seconds to delete one conversation, and is done with one simple click.
    This isn't about you claiming it takes so much time, but about being lazy. If it takes ! minute for you to delete 5 conversations then you are a very slow clicker. I could easily delete 20+ conversations in a minute without a problem, nor was there any lag. And why would you need to read the message if most of them just says hello anyway? You can easily spot if a message says more than hello or not without opening it.

A good way to delete them fast and effectively would be to put your mouse pointer on the X and as you press on your mouse button, you press space right after. Deletes the conversation in less than a second, and I didn't even have the need of scrolling down to the next message, I could just do this and they'd be gone fast and easy. I tried out this method just now, you should try it too, you're welcome.

Incoming messages as you delete, I can understand though, but that's just how it is on a penpal/friendship page, people message each other all the time. I think the admins should focus on other things that are far more important than a new way of deleting conversations, as it is already effective the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
      A good way to delete them fast and effectively would be to put your mouse pointer on the X and as you press on your mouse button, you press space right after. Deletes the conversation in less than a second
      I approve this ^^^. Cleaned my inbox in 10 seconds (reading included).

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
        It takes 2 seconds to delete one conversation, and is done with one simple click.
        This isn't about you claiming it takes so much time, but about being lazy. If it takes ! minute for you to delete 5 conversations then you are a very slow clicker. I could easily delete 20+ conversations in a minute without a problem, nor was there any lag. And why would you need to read the message if most of them just says hello anyway? You can easily spot if a message says more than hello or not without opening it.

A good way to delete them fast and effectively would be to put your mouse pointer on the X and as you press on your mouse button, you press space right after. Deletes the conversation in less than a second, and I didn't even have the need of scrolling down to the next message, I could just do this and they'd be gone fast and easy. I tried out this method just now, you should try it too, you're welcome.

Incoming messages as you delete, I can understand though, but that's just how it is on a penpal/friendship page, people message each other all the time. I think the admins should focus on other things that are far more important than a new way of deleting conversations, as it is already effective the way it is.
        Ah, this mentality. So let’s say she/he is a slow clicker, then what are you going to offer as solution? Every website has an option to delete multiple messages at once, why shouldn’t interpals add that feature as well? Improve, please.
        Last edited by Velhaari; 05-14-2019, 05:52 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

ok point noted we nned to find out from system support

Comment

Originally posted by Velhaari View Post

Ah, this mentality. So let’s say she/he is a slow clicker, then what are you going to offer as solution? Every website has an option to delete multiple messages at once, why shouldn’t interpals add that feature as well? Improve, please.

How slow can a person be to click on the mouse button? Unless you're extremely retarded or have a handicap that makes it difficult, I don't think it would take a lot of time to click on a mouse button. I personally see no reason that Interpals should change the way on how to delete conversations. But that's my opinion. It's not my decision to make anyway : ) but I think it's fine as it is. People just tend to be lazy.

Comment

The forum uses old technology and until it's updated to another format that's today's technology unfortunately members will have to contend with what we have at this stage.

Comment

Working...
              X