Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for creating a resume

Hi everyone,

I have a question, the question is: I've never had a job, and can someone give me some tips on how to create a resume?

Thank you

Make it short, clear and clean.

The challenge is how you can represent how cool you are in just one page of paper.

Comment

In the EU the Europass template is commonly used: https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/e...rriculum-vitae

For other countries, particularly if they're not European, there may be other templates available that may be preferred.

Comment

can't boring

Comment

Tip #1: LIE
          Tip#2: EXAGGERATE
          Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Oceano View Post
            Tip #1: LIE
            Tip#2: EXAGGERATE
            Good luck!
            It's not a good idea to lie in your resume in the US.

If you're currently in school, you can ask your advisor, principal, or librarian for help on making a resume. If not, then look up some examples.

Comment

Originally posted by tamedlion View Post

It's not a good idea to lie in your resume in the US.

If you're currently in school, you can ask your advisor, principal, or librarian for help on making a resume. If not, then look up some examples.

I wouldn't really say "lie;" the idea is to learn how to embellish. Rather than saying "McDonald's burger flipper," say "First-hand experience with customer service in the food service industry."

Comment

Believe in yourself and your capabilities. Know how you can use those skills by visiting a careers advisor. Collect all your bits and go on the computer to a site that has samples or take it to a professional who knows about modern ways of writing a CV. good luck. for your future.

Comment

Browse some of the profiles in Linkedin , it will give you some ideas.

Comment

BullSh*t...but make sure you can convince them on interview...works for me..

Comment

As a jobcoach I say make an "elevator pitch" top priority. An elevator pitch is a brief presentation (about 30-60 seconds) where you tell passionatly about who you are and what you do. It takes an human resource manager or recruiter about 9 seconds to scan a resume, so a good elevator pitch is very important.

Comment

If you feel that your resume is a little too short, go over the things that you have done throughout your life. Just because you didn't think of it as important at the time, doesn't mean it isn't useful to your resume. As an example, I was once in a car club. I considered it just having fun, but when I looked closely at what we did I realized I had gotten experience in interacting with community leaders and business associations, as well as having done some fundraising for cancer research. Recruiters love that kind of stuff

Comment

Hey! I guess this topic will be relevant and actual always.
                          Here are some important tips for job seekers:

First, of all, you should know, that there is no right or wrong way to write a CV but there are some common sections you should cover. These include: personal and contact information; education and qualifications; work history and/or experience; relevant skills to the job in question; own interests, achievements or hobbies; and some references.
                          A good CV is clear, concise and makes every point necessary without waffling. You don't need pages and pages of paper – you just keep things short and sweet.
                          Create a unique CV for every job you apply for. You don't have to re-write the whole thing, just adapt the details so they're relevant.
                          It's crucial to review your CV on a regular basis and add any new skills or experience that's missing. I always update my CV on https://jobofmine.com/ Even if I don't really look for a job.
                          That can help you to understand your value and strive for better results

Comment

Working...
                          X