How do you get/stay motivated?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get/stay motivated?

As the title implies, I've been getting really bothered with my lack of progress musically lately. I'm not motivated to do much anymore. I just wondered if anyone had any ideas on working around this.

For the record, yes. I have been diagnosed with depression- I don't believe that should mean I should give up entirely on everything.

for me, i met a few people who were leading their life in a genuine way, not fake happy or killing themselves trying to be everything they're not...

‚Äčit gives a mental break to have human connection..

Comment

Having lack of motivation and seasonal blues is fine, as long as you don't let it occupy all your time and thoughts altogether. I am sometimes very reluctant to do any sports, at such moments, I don't push too hard on myself, if I feel like my body and mind need break, I take a break, focus on something else, or even nothing at all.
      As to depression, if you were diagnosed with a clinical depression, then you need to take some medications, I don't know how it works with real diagnosed cases though. However, I am sure, by no means you should give up on everything, especially if there is something you are passionate about.

Comment

Originally posted by kavanchay View Post
        As the title implies, I've been getting really bothered with my lack of progress musically lately. I'm not motivated to do much anymore. I just wondered if anyone had any ideas on working around this.

For the record, yes. I have been diagnosed with depression- I don't believe that should mean I should give up entirely on everything.
        Having a close group of people (or even just one person) to turn to can work wonders, especially for people who suffer from depression. My IP best friend and I try to motivate each other when we're facing a shortage of willpower (although she does most of the motivation). You could try self-motivation, but what works for me is when others motivate me, maybe because I know that they care and it makes me wanna repay their kindness.

Comment

I sometimes have to overcome laziness to keep doing things I enjoy. Maybe it is caused by age. As one grows old, he becomes more and more lazy.

Comment

Is the same. I think this shows the truth of desire. If there is not enough motivation, then you do not see in this action a real sense to waste your time.

Comment

Working...
            X