No announcement yet.

Save or invest?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer to invest. I believe that money should make money. I know that I'm not very good at business, but my brother knows how to run a business and does it well. I invested in his firm. We have a landscape office. I deal only with advertising and communication with suppliers. For example, I find here https://bizlist.nz/ a firm that grows pines or fruit trees for a garden. I advertise on the Internet about our services. To all the rest the brother is engaged.

Comment

As for me -investing, of course! Investing in yourself, in your children. I think this is the main rule of business... By the way, who can recommend business forums or sites about this topic in your country? I mean places
      where people can exchange ideas and share their thoughts.
      Last edited by un1ver5a1; 01-26-2018, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Why not both? Saving is for emergency thing, and investment for the future. But people nowadays like to invest in cryptocurrency.. but you just need to be careful for that. Maybe some people trying to scam you.

Comment

Originally posted by Suna123 View Post

hahaha that is a tough one probably especially for a Russian. I have heard their women exchange tips in women's-magazines how to make their lovers buy them more gifts *g*. So, he better invests some money in those things or will stay alone.
          Nooo, investment is just a matter of scale. This is how it works in Russia. Get Oil & Gas conglomerates to invest in Siberia to save yourselves the hassle. But don't provide any infrastructure. After 5 years, kick the foreigners out, because they haven't produced anything. THEN get Gazprom to PUT-IN the connecting pipes. Bingo!

Ergo: as Oliver Stone discovered, nothing works without PUTIN's say-so.
          https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...one-for-a-ride
          Last edited by look4swissmiss; 02-05-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Focus on paying off any debt that you may have accumulated. After that then you can save enough money to cover all living expenses for a minimum of 6 months, plus possible emergency expenses. Before those two requirements are satisfied, I would not advise investing even 1 penny of your money. Also, I am not a professional and this advice is to be taken only at your own risk.

Comment

interpals gestapo just said i have 24 hours to change my name or be banned

Comment

Invest if you have dispensible money and save if you are trying to prepare for immediate goals.

Comment

Saving always come first,investing is something you do when you have a solid financial condition

Comment

Without doubt, it is necessary to invest. Especially, amid the rise of the topic of crypto currency now.
                    Last edited by Oscar_Jacobson; 07-11-2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I think investing now has become way too risky and I've been in saving mode as soon as I failed to understand new tricks and turns of markets.
                      I used to encourage my kids to invest but now I tell them it's not worth the risk and effort. Even saving does not earn much so it's more about choosing the right moment to buy property and make sure it will be useful instead of how much it might earn if sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Wato25 View Post
                        I want to invest but don't know where to start

"No matter how much money you earn, it's important to set aside some of it for savings and investments" - Do you think that is right? How to invest?

These days one is lucky to earn enough to get by on, never mind investing for the future -- what future?

Comment

Originally posted by Machlud View Post
                          Originally posted by Wato25 View Post
                          I want to invest but don't know where to start
                          "No matter how much money you earn, it's important to set aside some of it for savings and investments" - Do you think that is right? How to invest?
                          These days one is lucky to earn enough to get by on, never mind investing for the future -- what future?
                          You're just angry at anyone younger than you and the fact you haven't got a future Your hating of the next generation is hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by fatbeard View Post

You're just angry at anyone younger than you and the fact you haven't got a future Your hating of the next generation is hilarious

Get over yourself, Flatbread!

Comment

Originally posted by fatbeard

Pffffft you get over me lol you're following me around here like a geriatric dog on heat You're just angry i'm better than you pssssssst watch your heart-rate

Why would I, or anyone else follow a PUPPET!

Comment

Haha!! Dream on, PUPPET.

Comment

Working...
                                X