Games for kids?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games for kids?

Recommend me some good apps/games for children please. My niece is coming during next week and he'll stay with me for several days, and I need to prepare smth interesting for him for that time I'll be busy for playing with him. I really don't know which games are the best for such case (he's almost 4 yo) so any recommendations will be much appreciated. Thanks!

I would get my kids the Kano Computer Kit https://kano.me/ but I'm the computer science type, so it is like a toy to me

Comment

Well there are so many games for children now that you can simply look through net, there are many lists of them. The only things you should care about are age ratings and gadgets which are necessary for certain games, I mean tablet, computer or smartphone. From my own experience I can say that tablets are the most convinient in this case but if you don't have the one, than other gadgets are ok too
      I can recommend such games as Minecraft, Zoo Tycoon, Farming Simulator, Super Mario Maker, LittleBigPlanet, they're nice for all ages and our son for example adored them. There are also various apps/games connected with animals, puzzles and drawing, children usually adore them too, especially the smallest ones. Considering the age of your niece you can use teaching games too, they have good quality and really interesting, I mean the ones devoted to learning math or alphabet like Zebrainy ABC Wonderlands https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-s...165324239?mt=8 , and they're definetely more useful than the just entartaining ones.
      But in all cases you should control the time child spends with them, long using of gadgets in such age is bad for child's health, especially eyes so don't leave him for hours with tablet/computer.

Comment

Originally posted by _loki View Post
        I would get my kids the Kano Computer Kit https://kano.me/ but I'm the computer science type, so it is like a toy to me

Kid is 4 lol.

Comment

I'd never underestimate the power of good old-fashioned building blocks and playdough, or if you live in town like my grandmother did, spend some of the time you have with him walking to the local library, and let him choose his own books and movies to entertain himself while you're busy. Also coloring. I'm a bit of a gamer myself, but in my opinion, the low-tech ways of making your own fun will never die out. Speaking as the daughter of a kindergarten teacher (5 year olds), many of the games for children are proven to shorten their attention spans even once the device is off.

Having gotten that out of the way, if you have an android tablet, many of the games will have some sort of rating of whether or not they are child-friendly, and will have a notice under the install button if the game has adds or in-app purchases that your nephew could accidentally click and cost you money. A lot of puzzle games are good for any age, and I believe Disney and Nintendo have put out some decent fare.

Comment

take this

Comment

Originally posted by Filip2 View Post

Kid is 4 lol.
              its just a computer, a silly, playwithable thing

Comment

Working...
              X