Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard is to start your own gaming business?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard is to start your own gaming business?

Maybe anyone worked in this industry?

Bitcoins are a system of electronic money that works autonomously without central regulation, when all its participants are equal. You can still make good money on them.

Comment

http://DoPartTimeJob.com/?user=864308

Comment

It is difficult. The gaming market is extremely over saturated and many new games are being released every single day. Most of them don't make any significant profit.

Only do it if you know that you have a budget that's large enough that you'll be able to stand out in the crowd.

What do you know about game Dev? What's your current knowledge level? I would say that if you don't already know the answer to the question you're asking then you don't know enough to be able to compete. Take a couple of years to study and learn about the industry and then when you know the ins and outs you can start to think about starting a business.

You can start by searching for GDC on YouTube and watch some of their conference lectures to get a better understanding of the industry.

Comment

Like any other entrepreneur avenue, it's difficult, requires guts, and at least one strong-willed individual. My suggestion would be first to work in a company that already exists and find out as much as you possibly can. At the same time, be learning about marketing and business, hear other people's success and failure stories, and be thinking of plenty of creative ideas that you can do in the meantime. Also consider that there are other ways that you could essentially game for a living while not having your own physical company, such as monetizing YouTube or a blog.

And remember: an entrepreneur is someone who works 80 hours a week so that they'll never have to work 40 hours a week.

Comment

Exactly! You just forgot to add that an entrepreneur works those 80 hours per week for almost no pay...!

(Been there, done that.)

Comment

Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

Exactly! You just forgot to add that an entrepreneur works those 80 hours per week for almost no pay...!

(Been there, done that.)

Very true! I'm gearing up to be doing that myself within the next few months. It's a good thing I love the material or I would be dreading it a whole lot more haha

Comment

I've dealt with this (repair of gaming machines). You will not succeed if you are not a bandit, do not have connections with the authorities. Only Roger will claim that the gaming business is free of the mafia.
                Last edited by dmitri11; 12-31-2018, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post
                  ... Only Roger will claim that the gaming business is free of the mafia.
                  I don't know anything about the gaming business.

Comment

I don't know anything about the gaming business.

gambling business is hardworking and respectable people if your prison didn't get to them,

Comment

gambling business is hardworking and respectable people if your prison didn't get to them,
                      I only cared for murderers and narco traffickers in prison. The cream of the crop. I never met a gambling crook...or gaming crooks for that matter.

Comment

I only cared for murderers and narco traffickers in prison. The cream of the crop. I never met a gambling crook...or gaming crooks for that matter.

Isn't the gaming business a $cam? Moreover, it is the money of sick people. Who were the laws written by?

Comment

Isn't the gaming business a $cam? Moreover, it is the money of sick people. Who were the laws written by?
                          You seem to have an ideological bent against gaming.

Laws are written by legislators. In democracies, the people - or their representatives - elect the legislators.

Comment

You seem to have an ideological bent against gaming.

Laws are written by legislators. In democracies, the people - or their representatives - elect the legislators.

In "democratic countries" people choose the most eloquent fraud.

You lost your talent in the "democratic country". You could be a great linguist. http://forum.interpals.net/forum/for...istics-project
                            ?
                            Last edited by dmitri11; 01-01-2019, 08:40 PM.

Comment

In "democratic countries" people choose the most eloquent fraud...
                              ?

Comment

Working...
                              X