Anyone flown with Turkish Airlines?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone flown with Turkish Airlines?

I'm going on a trip in the summer, and looking at booking my flight with Turkish Airlines. I've never flown with them, nor has anyone else I know.. I read reviews, and they aren't great, but at the same time, I usually fly with Air Canada, and enjoy them, and their reviews are horrible too.... Apparently they were one of the highest rated airlines in Europe... Any thoughts??

It will be perfect choise. Because they are get closer to perfect, and professional

Comment

Indeed ranked the best non-Asian airline in the world by Skytrax, seventh best overall. So quality-wise they're excellent, the only reason why I wouldn't like to fly with them is that the Turkish state is their largest owner.

Comment

Yes, have recently flown to Thailand with Turkish airlines and it was quite ok. Have to say I much prefer Finnair though.

Comment

I've flown with Turkish a several times, they're not bad, often very cheap but I found the IFE and food to be very decent.
          But you know, they fly thousands and thousands of people daily and you can't please everybody, and people in general are most likely to write a review if they had a negative experience.
          Most airlines are safe,except the African ones of course.

Where are you flying to?

Comment

Originally posted by worldtraveller1 View Post
            I've flown with Turkish a several times, they're not bad, often very cheap but I found the IFE and food to be very decent.
            But you know, they fly thousands and thousands of people daily and you can't please everybody, and people in general are most likely to write a review if they had a negative experience.
            Most airlines are safe,except the African ones of course.

Where are you flying to?

I'm flying from Toronto to Dubrovnik, and then Budapest to Istanbul, and Istanbul home

Comment

Better if you're going around that general region(eastern Europe, northern Africa, Middle East), not so great on long overseas flights. If something goes wrong(your fault or theirs).. GOOD LUCK.. but this probably applies to all airlines. On a positive note.. I don't feel like my life is in danger when stepping on their aircraft. I think this is a very safe airline.

Comment

Flown with them plenty of times. Only positive experiences. Cheap fairs, easy connects. No problem with luggage. Free meals included usually on the bigger planes, which feel luxurious for their price. The smaller planes feel a bit unsafe and crammed when you frst get in, but it'll carry you to your destination.

Comment

That's the airline whose pilot switched of the engines in full flight approaching Amsterdam.
                  I hate forums

Comment

I took Turkish Airlines two times so far, and both experiences were great. Very professional and kind. Also, I could barely feel the plane land when I got back to Boston from Istanbul...super smooth!

Comment

I chose TK in several times recently. Generally good but the problems must be the transfer at the Istanbul international airport.
                      Firstly, very busy airport and when your flight is delayed, sometimes, connecting flight will be missed and wait for next flight long hours.
                      Secondly, inside of Istanbul International airport is very crowded and directions are not enough. I lost my way to the gate and I missed my flight.......
                      In short, take enough connecting time at that airport if you choose TK flights.
                      Enjoy your trip.

Comment

I have flown with Turkish airlines many times according to prices their quality and services are good enough. Meals are pretty delicious too. also their service quality changes according to length of flight. i see your flight will be long enough. i hope you will have safe journey and enjoy every moment from it. Also i can reply your questions or doubts about Istanbul in here. because i see i cant send message to you.

Comment

I flew with them IST-->CDG a fear or two back, couldn't say anything special about them, nice enough to fly with

Comment

Working...
                          X