Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are the cheapest places to travel to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the cheapest places to travel to?

I'd like to travel everywhere I can, but right now I am also on a budget. So what are some of the cheapest places to travel to?

Wehrever is same. You need to learn how to live cheap in a tour. Like a price for hostel is 10$ per night. Food around 10$ also. Some coutryes like Europe or US you can find some on couchsurfing.

Comment

Coushsurfing isn't about getting a cheap room, it's about getting a cultural experience... Don't do that if you are not interest in talking to a native/your host please.

Else, some cheap places are South East Asian countries mostly (Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand..). In Europe, I think southern Europe like Greece ad East Europe like Hungary are quite ok too. India and Turkey could be good too, but considering the problems there, it would be better to go with some friends I think.
      Also, since you are from USA, latin America is probably ok, especially Bolivia and Argentina, and it would be quite good for your spanish
      Last edited by Sancta_Lux; 07-02-2017, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancta_Lux View Post
        Coushsurfing isn't about getting a cheap room, it's about getting a cultural experience... Don't do that if you are not interest in talking to a native/your host please.
        But it's free, isn't it? I dont like the beach trevel. So I dont know how to go a country without talking with natives.
        Just if you have 500$ per mounth - you can go everywere. Somebody can travel with less money.

Comment

In Europe, most of the Balkan countries are good value for money. I am not so convinced about Greece and I would avoid Croatia. But Montenegro, Serbia, Romania and Bulgaria are cheap. If my employer would not have revoked my leave, I would have been able to tell you whether Bosnia and Hercegovina is cheap. I suppose it is. Hungary (that is NOT in Eastern but in Central Europe) and the Czech Republic - if you avoid the capital cities - , Slovakia and Poland are cheap as well.

If you want to practise Spanish, you might like to go to central Spain. It is much cheaper than the touristy coastal regions. However, Madrid can be very expensive.

Most of the tildes are actually quite simple to find: remember the 160 and you have a number of consecutive tildes:

alt + 129 = ü
          ​alt + 130 = é

alt + 160 = á
          ​alt + 161 = í
          ​alt + 162 = ó
          ​alt + 163 = ú
          ​alt + 164 = ñ

​alt + 168 = ¿
          ​alt + 173 = ¡
          Last edited by Boliches; 07-02-2017, 05:34 PM. Reason: Having read OP's profile.
          I hate forums

Comment

Originally posted by StanWong View Post

But it's free, isn't it? I dont like the beach trevel. So I dont know how to go a country without talking with natives.
            Just if you have 500$ per mounth - you can go everywere. Somebody can travel with less money.
            Free for disrespectful people only.

Comment

Originally posted by Boliches View Post
              Hungary (that is NOT in Eastern but in Central Europe)
              My bad, I never use central Europe but yes, it's probably better.

For Greece, it's pretty cheap since they fell down so hard.

Comment

My bad, I never use central Europe but yes, it's probably better.

For Greece, it's pretty cheap since they fell down so hard.
                ​You could cause a lot of people to be very upset with such qualifications. ;-)
                I hate forums

Comment

​You could cause a lot of people to be very upset with such qualifications. ;-)
                  Maaah, they are used to make me "upset" by not knowing Brittany, so it's fair I think

Comment

Maaah, they are used to make me "upset" by not knowing Brittany, so it's fair I think
                    ​I am afraid that also remains a blind spot for me. I have been thinking about Vitré and Rennes: small steps first.
                    I hate forums

Comment

​I am afraid that also remains a blind spot for me. I have been thinking about Vitré and Rennes: small steps first.
                      Those are a small part of it, yep.

Comment

In Europe, most of the Balkan countries are good value for money. I am not so convinced about Greece and I would avoid Croatia. But Montenegro, Serbia, Romania and Bulgaria are cheap. If my employer would not have revoked my leave, I would have been able to tell you whether Bosnia and Hercegovina is cheap. I suppose it is. Hungary (that is NOT in Eastern but in Central Europe) and the Czech Republic - if you avoid the capital cities - , Slovakia and Poland are cheap as well.
                        True, and add also Albania, Macedonia and Kosovo. But in Europe probably the most advantageous place still is Ukraine.

Comment

Romania, I would recommend Transilvania, as cheap and beautiful nature. Bulgaria, Albania should be cheap but I dont know how is the place..
                          I dont think Hungary is cheap, really..I have been in Scotland and saw the similar prices.. but maybe coming from american.. maybe cheap

Comment

Balkans

Comment

Indian and Nepal are the cheapest places I have traveled too. Most of the SEA countries are not too expensive either.

Latin America is fairly cheap as well and plane tickets to there from the US are less than to Asia, and depending on the country, probably Europe as well. Guatemala and Costa Rica are interesting countries to visit that wouldn't cost a ton to fly too though once you arrive CR is a little more pricey.
                              Last edited by ChrisShiva; 07-02-2017, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X