Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are the cheapest places to travel to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are forgetting the most important expense, transport. All these trips to the other side of the world will never be cheap. You'll always have to pay an expensive international flight ticket just to fly there, then add transport to the airports or the visa and passport prices... you will spend a fortune just to reach your destination even if you later save money sleeping for free with a random person from CouchSurfing (murder, rapist, thieves, satanic priest.... you don't know what you will get) or getting the cheapest food.

If you actually want to travel for cheap you need to think about the distance first. If are from Cumberland, Maryland, you can travel to Ridgeley, West Virginia and it will be much cheaper
    ‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) I'm watching you

Comment

Really should look for how to find a cheap ticket and how to conserve your money, location doesn't matter as much as you can get anywhere relatively cheaply under the right circumstances, of course distance will generally increase the price. Start with figuring out what kind of place you are the most interested in, then look at ticket prices online, if you aren't picky about when you go you can sometimes pick up bargain tickets for a fraction of the price.

Comment

When you're looking for cheap tickets make sure you clear your cookies before you're ready to buy -- some sites take note of how often you've been there, decide you must be *really* interested, and hike up the prices.
        Last edited by starbear; 07-03-2017, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Friends,

Well there are cheap places.... and then there are cheap places to get too. Depending on where you are coming from. It might be cheap to go to mexico.. BUT if it cost you 2000 dollars to get there, then its not a cheap trip.

so you have to balance close to you. Because usually that is cheap, and THEN cheap prices. To come up with a total trip.

I am in a program call Workaway. Its where you go to a host family and work for them. They give you some food and a bed for FREE!!!!!!!

I have done that twice and had a good time. I am going back this year to visit my host families.

Good luck.

dr. Darrell of Michigan.

Comment

The cheapest place i've been to is Taiwan you can travel around the whole country in 2-3 weeks and spend no more than $25 dollars a day. I was already in China though so my flights were cheap.

​I've got a friend traveling South America now, she's been there for about 9 months now and has zero income. I don't how much she had for the trip but the fact she's been there so long must mean it's a cheap continent!

Comment

Originally posted by starbear View Post
              When you're looking for cheap tickets make sure you clear your cookies before you're ready to buy -- some sites take note of how often you've been there, decide you must be *really* interested, and hike up the prices.
              That has been researched by one of our technical universities (either Twente or Delft): it is a myth.
              I hate forums

Comment

Come to South Africa...if I am a student and can afford to travel around my country then almost anybody can do it. Actually i would say any Southern African country because I have been to all of them on a Student budget. I only stay at backpackers and i recently learnt about couchsurf and already have people willing to host me in the countries I want to visit next.

Comment

Turkey really cheap and there are many good places for visit,,ancient cities,culture,history and beaches,,visit there for more information https://tourismturkeytr.blogspot.com.tr/

Comment

Isn't Ukraine one of the cheapest places to be in / travel to in Europe nowadays? And I would assume that Macedonia/Moldova arent very expensive either

Comment

it depends where you're from. if you are from SEA country, it's cheaper to go to another SEA countries first.
                      if you're really on budget, why dont you travel inside the country first? i bet there are lot's of places you can uncover.

Comment

Of course, Russia, Saint-Petersburg!
                        This is a very beautiful city. The journey costs 0.5 euro, lunch 2-3 euros. Here you can see "white nights".

Comment

Working...
                        X