No announcement yet.

Have you traveled alone, if so where?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like traveling alone. The times I travel abroad where always with an activity in mind. Sometimes academic exchange and other times as part of marine volunteer programs. That way I not only travel but also can experience living in a different part of the world.
    I recommend traveling alone at least once, it will give you a new perspective on life and make you more open-minded. But also remember that there are people that care and worry about you so try to be connected and send a message every now and then

Comment

Singapore (lived and studied as well), Malaysia, Indonesia, China (southeast), S. Korea (Seoul), Japan (from Okinawa to Tokyo)...

There are many others, but I don't count them as I usually had a local acquaintance or a friend from abroad joining me at some point.

Comment

Germany twice (2005 and 2006)

Comment

I'm from Norway so I have visite Sweden and Denmark alone. Germany (Hamburg), Netherland (Amsterdam), Belgium (Antwerpen/Antwerp/Anvers), France (Paris), England (London, Cantbury, Ashford, Dover and Manchester), Canada (Toronto, Niagara Falls), USA (Outside of the airport in Detroit, Niagara Falls, NY) and I will visite Kiev in November and Irkutsk, Russia next year.

Comment

I traveled from the US to Thailand in 2015 to meet my wife and her family for the first time and it was a little scary, pulled into Bangkok at 2am and grabbed a taxi to the hotel. I had planned it out carefully, taking a printout of the hotel to hand over to the taxi driver, I chose a hotel pretty close to the airport and knew how much the fare should be. Everything went without a hitch but I did have a friend travel to Thailand on his own and ended up paying $50 for a 5 kilometer ride to his hotel.

Comment

Working...
            X