Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Decay


    Look at us
    Teaching good, telling off
    We took the easy way in
    Never went too far

    Not afraid of the dark ?
    Unable to take the extra step
    Hiding under our pillows
    We were afraid of the dark

    You were a leader of the pack
    You are a believer of the wolf
    I should have led the revolution
    I bought a house and a good car instead

    Old men are full of wisdom
    Or so they say
    Feels like I learned nothing
    Do not trust my sermon

    Time catches you back
    From behind
    Breaks your bones
    It doesn't hurt that much

    Look at me now
    And tell me you know better


  • #2
    First greed, then decay. (cause and effect)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post
      First greed, then decay. (cause and effect)
      There’s something you didn’t understand about patafix’s poem. Read it again...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RogerCarmel View Post

        There’s something you didn’t understand about patafix’s poem. Read it again...

        Don't lay your black greed and prayer on my white dream. It's believing you see white when your eyes tell you black.

        ...

        - You see white?



        https://demotivatorium.ru/sstorage/3...del_110109.jpg

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dmitri11 View Post
          First greed, then decay. (cause and effect)
          Greed is still very much there.

          Comment


          • #6
            I do not see igreed, can you tell me where the greed is ? seems to me to be more about regret,aging, self-deception and hypocrisy..

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Coruja-the-Owl View Post
              I do not see igreed, can you tell me where the greed is ? seems to me to be more about regret,aging, self-deception and hypocrisy..
              "You were a leader of the pack
              You are a believer of the wolf"
              ... 50 years in history. Greed at an age you should find it useless and just enjoy what you managed to build so far. And people doing the exact opposite of what they believed in.

              Comment


              • #8
                evidently your definition of greed is very different from mine;..or any other that I am aware of;
                Thanks..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Coruja-the-Owl View Post
                  evidently your definition of greed is very different from mine;..or any other that I am aware of;
                  Thanks..
                  ECU (European currency unit) is a politics. The Euro is the greed. Decay and nothing. The greed of America on an European stupidity, lies and dirt.
                  Last edited by dmitri11; 07-20-2018, 09:17 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Coruja-the-Owl View Post
                    evidently your definition of greed is very different from mine;..or any other that I am aware of;
                    Thanks..
                    a selfish and excessive desire for more of something (such as money) than is needed (Merriam-Webster.com)
                    The man I'm talking to was in everything remotely revolutionary or anarcho-whatever in the late 1960s. He's now dancing to the sound of money and praising a governement that's making his old days so comfy.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      still, I see no greed, hypocrisy perhaps, wanting a little comfort in your old age is not greed, I do not see it as excessive,, by the way much of what you say about your man is not explicit or indeed evident... I saw the poem as more about mellowing in old age and letting slip ones youthful ideals.. hypocrisy, turning tail...adapting and losing ones energy to fight. I honestly thought it was autobiographical.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You all don't know what you want because of greed.



                        https://i01.fotocdn.net/s31/175/publ...2740637102.jpg

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Coruja-the-Owl View Post
                          still, I see no greed, hypocrisy perhaps, wanting a little comfort in your old age is not greed, I do not see it as excessive,, by the way much of what you say about your man is not explicit or indeed evident... I saw the poem as more about mellowing in old age and letting slip ones youthful ideals.. hypocrisy, turning tail...adapting and losing ones energy to fight. I honestly thought it was autobiographical.
                          Me too!................

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Coruja-the-Owl View Post
                            still, I see no greed, hypocrisy perhaps, wanting a little comfort in your old age is not greed, I do not see it as excessive,, by the way much of what you say about your man is not explicit or indeed evident... I saw the poem as more about mellowing in old age and letting slip ones youthful ideals.. hypocrisy, turning tail...adapting and losing ones energy to fight. I honestly thought it was autobiographical.
                            ​Time spares no one.


                            https://pressa.tv/uploads/posts/2015...155778_y29.jpg

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Coruja-the-Owl View Post
                              still, I see no greed, hypocrisy perhaps, wanting a little comfort in your old age is not greed, I do not see it as excessive,, by the way much of what you say about your man is not explicit or indeed evident... I saw the poem as more about mellowing in old age and letting slip ones youthful ideals.. hypocrisy, turning tail...adapting and losing ones energy to fight. I honestly thought it was autobiographical.
                              Okay, I guess I missed my point so I'll need to write another one


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X